Mission Statement & Goals
The mission of the Kendall County Forest Preserve District is to acquire, preserve, and manage natural areas and open spaces, provide environmental education, and offer recreational opportunities for Kendall County residents.The goals of the Kendall County Forest Preserve District are to:
- Acquire and hold lands containing forests, prairies, wetlands, streams and other natural areas in order to preserve the flora, fauna and scenic beauties of Kendall County for the enjoyment of county residents and future generations.
- Acquire and hold properties containing lands capable of being restored to a natural condition and lands that will provide recreational opportunities and facilities.
- Utilize the forest preserves to provide educational opportunities for county residents regarding the natural systems, natural processes, and natural history of Kendall County.
- Provide and maintain passive and active recreational opportunities and facilities for residents that are compatible with the District’s natural areas and open spaces.
- Provide and maintain multi-purpose event facilities for residents that are compatible with District natural areas and open spaces.
- Implement resource management practices and policies that maintain and enhance the biodiversity of District natural areas.
- Maintain and enhance practices and policies that promote fiscal responsibility and organizational proficiency.
- Maintain and enhance multiple media outlets to inform Kendall County residents of District programs, properties, facilities, and policies.
- Partner with other governmental agencies, conservation organizations and private landowners to preserve natural areas, create greenway corridors, and develop linear trails.
The offices of the Kendall County Forest Preserve District and the Laws of Nature Center are located in the Kendall County Historic Courthouse, 110 W. Madison Street, Yorkville, Illinois.
Kendall County Forest Preserve District
110 W. Madison Street,
Yorkville, Illinois 60560
Fax: 630 553-4023
Office Hours: 8 a.m. — 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
Laws of Nature Center Hours: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday - Friday
General Information and Reservations:
Ellis House and Equestrian Center:
Forest Foundation of Kendall County
The Forest Foundation of Kendall County was established in 2006 as a non-profit organization, and is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt public foundation operating for the benefit of the residents of Kendall County.
The Foundation supports the Kendall County Forest Preserve District's mission to preserve and manage natural areas and open spaces, provide environmental education and offer recreational opportunities. It operates independently to promote public awareness of the facilities, programs, services and goals of the Kendall County Forest Preserve District.
To make a charitable contribution to the Forest Foundation, please click on the link below.
Volunteer with Us
The Kendall County Forest Preserve District offers many opportunities to help support our mission of conservation. Volunteers assist with management and restoration of our natural areas, monitoring of trails and wildlife, assistance with our education programs, and support of our programs and events at Ellis House and Equestrian Center, and the Forest Foundation’s Annual Fall Fest at Hoover Forest Preserve. Interested individuals should contact the main office at 630-553-4025, or by email at email@example.com to discuss interests and opportunities. Corporate workday opportunities are also available subject to schedule and staff availability.
Kendall County Forest Preserve District Board of Commissioners
Judy Gilmour, President
Scott Gengler, Vice President
David Guritz, Executive Director
Rebecca Antrim, Administrative Assistant
Emily Shanahan, Environmental Education Programs and Marketing Manager
Marty Vick, Ellis Farm Manager
Antoinette White, Communications and Natural Resources Project Coordinator
Kris Mondrella, Equestrian Program Coordinator
Stefanie Wiencke, Natural Beginnings Program Manager
Sunrise Center North