Horsemanship Lessons at Ellis House and Equestrian Center
Ellis Equestrian Center will hold lessons for adults and children ages 4 years and older. Lessons are offered 7 days a week by appointment only. Please Contact Nicole Norton for availability and to answer any questions you may have email@example.com or (815)475-4035! Ellis Equestrian Center upholds safety standards set by the National Children's Center for Rural and Agricultural Health and Safety by insuring the following:
- That all riders wear an approved ASTM equestrian helmet while riding.
- That all lessons are offered in riding areas and trails suited for these activities (e.g. manicured trails and riding arenas).
- That all riders are capable and exhibit adequate motor skills and mature judgment to recognize potential hazards.
- That all riders receive proper training in riding style and horse safety.
- That all riders have an understanding of horse behavior.
- That the saddle and tack fits the rider and the horse.
Check out our Catalog
To avoid cutting into your riding time at your first lesson, please feel free to print off the Registration Form and Riding Waiver below and bring a completed copy with you to your first lesson.
Do you need an indoor arena to ride in during poor weather? Or maybe you just need a change of scenery? Open arena allows you to bring your personal horse to Ellis to ride in either of our indoor or outdoor arenas. Open Arena is offered by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please be prepared to present a current Coggins for each horse that you bring! Please feel free to print off and complete the documents below prior to your arrival. Have them readily available, along with your Coggins and payment upon checking in BEFORE your horse enters our arenas! $10 for a single day pass or $40 for an annual pass.
If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment for Open Arena, please contact Nicole Norton firstname.lastname@example.org or (815)475-4035 Ellis House and Equestrian Center is located at:
13986 McKanna Rd.
Minooka, Il 60447
Ellis House and Equestrian Center also has trails open to the public! Trailer your horse in to use our lime stone trails. Open Sunrise to Sunset. Please keep in mind that these trails are shared by bikers, walkers, and runners. No Appointment Necessary to use our trails, Free of charge!
Ellis House and Equestrian Center accepts cash, checks made payable to "Kendall County Forest Preserve District"; as well as Visa, Master card and Discover.
Riding lessons are offered 7 days a week by appointment only. Please contact Nicole Norton, Equestrian Program Coordinator, for availability and rates at email@example.com, or call 630-918-0364.
Sunrise Center North at Ellis House and Equestrian Center
Sunrise Center North Therapeutic Riding Program provides horseback riding lessons and equine assisted activities to individuals with special needs. Our mission is to enhance the life of individuals with disabilities. We achieve our mission through the dedication of our volunteers and community. To inquire about programs and services, contact:
- Kris Mondrella, Sunrise Center Program Director 815/467-9332
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://sunrisenorth.org
Sunrise Center North programs include therapeutic riding services under the following program headings:
- Special Needs Therapeutic Horseback Riding Program
- Horses for Heroes - Veterans of All Ages
- Autistic Music Class on Horseback
- Seniors in Saddles - Ages 55 years & up